Sunday 2 December 2012

Another paper crafting with friends card

Here's another card from my crafting evening with my next door neighbour. I am blessed to have a neighbour who scrapbooks and makes cards. She is my daughters age but we are good friends. She is very kind and patient with this old lady...well old enough to be her mother, anyways!

This card is quite similar to yesterdays with a few variations. I follow quite a few blogs and there are several ladies who always use a corner punch on their cards. I love that look, so tried that lattice accents on yesterday's card. I thought it was a bit "heavy looking" so for this card I die cut a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Square and then took my fussy cut scissor and cut in half diagonally. I thought that looked too wide so one by one I ran then through the big shot again, recutting the smooth edge I had just made and turning it into the match for the other sides. A little stickles and it was done.
I now had 2 teensy slivers that I had just cut off so I stickled them as well and glued them on the top and bottom of the stripey piece that sits on the doily. Waste not want not!!! I like the look of those slivers!.
I stapled the doilies again and then stickled the center of the candy on the design paper. I got a little carried away with my distressing and actually tore that paper here and there. I kind of like the finished look. Another of those chipboard ornament sentiments and I called it a day.
Recipe
Card Base - Michaels Reflections, Kraft Corrugated cards and envelopes
Designer paper - MME Merry
Cardstock - Kraft from my stash
Doily - Dollar Store, from my stash of about 10 packages  that I bought on clearance...I staple 3 together
Punch - Martha Stewart Snowflake, from my stash of already punched elements
Die - Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares, the tiniest size cut in half
Bling - Dollarama, from my stash
Twine - from my stash
Sentiment - Dollars and Sense (2nd card from this sheet)

I am submitting my card to the following:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop- use snippets.

18 comments:

May said...

Beautiful card as is the one in the previous post.. Brilliant papers & design.. Love them both!! It is so lovely when you have a friend to craft with, myself & some friends meet monthly at my home for a crafty session and we eat lots of cake too... Hugs May x x x

brenda said...

Your colour choice makes a lovely alternative Christmas colourway and the use of the doily it's very effective.

Sorry I've not been by in a while, being a bit under the weather.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

B x

Pia S said...

This colorful style works so well for Christmas cards! You've put a lot of effort into the corner elements, but they look great on this design. Well done!

Di said...

Wow - this is super duper Mo!!! Ha, and I see you won the candy over at Shaz in Oz - well done :) Hugs, Di xx

SandeeNC said...

Love it!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Suzie's Card Den said...

Lovely card Mo, love the colours and your super layout. You are lucky to have someone to craft with as I do not know anyone local to me who is interested.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Sharon said...

This is lovely. Such gorgeous embellishments and love the layout.
Hugs Sharon. x

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Mo! Love the doily, the great papers and the cute snowflake! Hugs

MagsB said...

What a fab bright and cheerful card!

Good neighbours are a treasure, aren't they? Mine is absolutely wonderful, though I haven't yet got her into crafting!

love Mags B x

HeARTworks said...

What a fun card! Reminds me of a candy shop! Patsy

Brenda said...

Yes, b like brenda, s like sam, l like lawrence. Thanks so much, sorry to be driving you crazy!!

Elizabeth said...

Two terrific cards, Maureen, with lovely bright colours. The doilies are pretty and I like the cheerful toppers. Elizabeth xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love the colors of your card and how fun to get to craft with a friend. Great job....joann sassy raggedy

Lisa said...

Love the color combination on this card. Especially love the background paper!

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card, great crafting both on the corner=s and the design of the card. Love that doily!
hugs
Glenda

Anonymous said...

very cute card! love the colors!

Izzy Anderson said...

Love the colors your chose and the doily looks great!

Sarn said...

A lovely, jolly and very fetching Christmas card xxx