Tuesday 4 December 2012

WOYWW 183

Seems hard to believe it's that time again. The time to peek into all the crafty worlds. Yep, it's time to head over to Julia's blog, Stamping Ground, and check out what the others crafters  are up to!

Thought I would show you that sea of cards I keep talking about. My work desk is so full of supplies that I couldn't take a photo on it...there is just not enough room. I carried the cards into the guest suite we built for our visitors from England. We have it furnished and keep it all set up for company. It adjoins my scrapbook room...well, actually the laundry room divides my room from the suite...so I can tell DH that I am heading down to do the laundry when I want to blog surf...teehee
I digress...now...back on track...here they are in all their glory.

 There are a couple you have not seen before...I purchased them at the Christmas craft fair. One lady was selling 6 cards and envelopes in a gift box for $2.  I could not resist as I can't buy the paper and supplies for that price and she was anxious to sell something to help pay for her table. They are actually quite nicely made!  The red 6x6 square with the white ornament on the front right and the 2  lying down at the front left with a modern Santa and a red ribbon make up the set of 6. The pretty brown and cream one beside them is from a friend who was also selling at that fair. The rest are mine. I have not included any duplicates of the same card (assembly line cards)...just a sample of each style that I have made.

Thank goodness I bought that set of 6 as I had a bit of a problem at the post office. My overseas cards that made it through the slot, failed to slide through when I took them up to post. Thank goodness I had not put stamps on them yet. Luckily,  I had  those purchased cards...I did not have enough really thin cards left to substitute and they made up the shortfall! I was just out of time to remake anything again. Whew...problem solved! Luckily, I only sign my overseas cards as I do up a Xmas newsletter for our English family members. I think I neglected to account for the width of the folded over newsletter and that was what failed them this time.I have signed and addressed the thinner ones and will be back up there to post them tomorrow. I will be busy tonight tearing the envelopes off the rejected ones and searching for my extra envelopes in my mess of a craft room!

Re the"tester slot".  To those that suggested cutting my own...I have done that before...But cardboard "gives" when acrylic doesn't  Also the little pearls and knots in ribbon dent the cardboard, making a new one necessary when the denting prevents a true measure.   To those Canadians who left messages that the "real post office sells them" I have some bad news...nope, not any more! They used to sell the old blue ones years ago, sadly, they stopped. Wish someone would go to the the Dragons Den and get the $ to create one...they would get rich as they would have no competition!

I still have a few more cards to make (and a few that I have tucked away for future blog posts) but the pressure is off creating for now. So that's it for this week!


23 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow you have been busy. Great set of cards!

Inkypinkycraft said...

you have been busy!!!
thanks for sharing.
happy woyww trace x #33
p.s. I have festive candy

Apryl said...

Well thought out plan, putting the scraproom next to the laundry...lol. Bet you do A LOT of laundry heehee!

Your cards are fabulous!

Happy Wednesday
#11 Apryl

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW
Love all the Cards and you have been busy
Silvia #41

Helen said...

Great card display. Helen, 5

Words and Pictures said...

Good plan to add someone else's handcrafted cards to your own... a lovely array of "laundry"! Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#40

Di said...

Ha, we have the thick heavy duty plastic letter gauge thingies over here in the UK - called a pricing in proportion ruler.

The slots are 5mmx 165mm for standard letters and 25mm x 250mm for large letters. Not sure how this compares to the sizes over the Pond Mo, but if it's what you're looking for drop me an email and I'll get one and post it to you. Wouldn't get there until after the big fat man in the red suit I guess but would be useful for future use.

Happy WOYWW, not playing today as am too busy. LOVE all your gorgeous cards BTW!

Hugs, Di xx

di_wray@hotmail.com

Glenda Atkins said...

I have always wanted one of those slot thingies so I would know before going to mail my cards if they can make it through, but alas, I don't! They weigh them too so even that can spike up the price. Oh for some real competition!
Your card look wonderful!

Redanne said...

A really lovely lot of cards, beautifully displayed. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #49

Erika said...

That's a super selection of Christmas cards Mo....I ventured to the PO for my first trip yesterday, managed to get half away....plodding on again today. Have a great Wednesday, hugs Erika.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow those cards look amazing!!

MiniOwner said...

I was thinking of you in the PO yesterday when I was stnading oint he long queue and eying up the tester slot. :o) Some lovely cards there. ♥Happy Wednesday♥
Sue x (MiniOwner@1)

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards and how kind that you bought from other crafters to supplement your own supply. I made a few and once again forgot to take photos, the story of my christmas every year. Only usually get them finished in time to send them out so always forget the camera. !
Tricia #66

Sunshine Girl said...

Lovely cards there - sorry the hand made card thingy idea doesnt work - why dont you go on Dragons Den? that would be very exciting! Sunshine Girl - no 21.

Mary Jo said...

Look at all of the lovely cards! :)

SandeeNC said...

I really only make cards "thin" that I mail rgardless of overseas or our lower 48, my "fat" cards are hand delivered :) That solves all my problems! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Caro said...

Wow, that is a lovely lots of cards. I need to send one overseas and hops that it will fit! Thanks for sharing. Caro #60

JoZart Designs said...

Fab array of so many gorgeous cards. Thanks for sharing. I do fear that the rising cost of postage could make card sending a dying tradition.
Jo xxx

Hettie said...

I agree with you Mo that the Post Office spoils the crafting cards now as we have to get them through the slot! I have to remember to only make the embellished ones for cards I will give!
Great selection of cards you have there and what a bargain you got.
Glad you like my tags. Join in next year or make this year's after Christmas! I will be showing no 4 tomorrow!
xx

Hettie said...

I just read your comment on Miss Di's blog! I am shattered now and need a lie down! You missed out Wales in your travel plans too! :-(
xx

caz said...

Great display of cards!! I took my grandaughter's birthday card to the post office today - amazed when she said 90p to post it - daylight robbery!!!!!
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#88
blog candy on offer if you want to hop over for a visit!

Sandi McLean said...

Oh I am so impressed with your card production! Guess I don't have to go on again about our Canada Post :) I had several swaps to send last month, the fiddle faddle around packages drives me up a tree! Ok so I had to go on! Have a lovely week, Sandi #121

Nan G said...

Lovely array of cards. Narrower slots and rising postage seems to be a pain to us all. Happy WOYWW! Nan 85