Saturday 11 May 2013

Tea Time

Here is the card my neighbour designed for us last week. We are sure having fun with this project. Each week we take turns creating a card kit for each of us. The goal is to have DP and card stock cut, ribbon estimated, embellies added and anything else required  in a baggie or an envelope. Start to finish, the card should take around 15 minutes.

I enjoyed making her card. It was a lot of fun and the room smelled so pretty with the TAZO tea smell in the air! I wiould make this again...but would try to purchase some of the teensy envelopes I saw recently at the scrapbook store. My neighbour didn't have any and so she cut up a larger envelope to make these little ones.

All in all, it was a wonderful card to make and another one for the finished card baskets.

No challenges for this card as I did not design it and did not use any of my own supplies!

Now, on to my exciting day...

Little Mr P turns 5 tomorrow...I called and sang Happy Birthday to him as he was having his party today as it is Mothers Day here tomorrow. He patiently waited till the end and then announced but I'm not 5 yet...you will have to call me tomorrow and sing it again!!!

Traditionally we do not attend the birthday parties where they have their little friends. They are usually at a venue which is geared to children. Pony parties at the stables, fishing parties at the Fish Hatchery...those are for their friends...cake and pressies with Grandpa and Grandma is usually the day before or after.

This year ( and last) Little Mr P wanted his party at the large picnic barn at his favourite park, Derby Reach. It is a gorgeous picnic area, field, park and campsite, right on the banks of the mighty Fraser River. You can rent a  huge loafing type barn with ginormous picnic tables for 40 or 50 and  a nice patio area to barbque. Little Mr P's favourite part is the huge firepit where Daddy always builds a campfire and they toast marshmallows or toast S'smores. Whenever we walk to school and he spies a stick he hauls it home for the campfire wood box.

Grandpa was determined to get an invite this year. He figured since they paid a flat price for the rental of the amenities and since there was no limit on numbers, it was fair game. DD made the mistake of showing him the invite...It was a picture of the back of Little Mr P, hand up in the air throwing a rock into the Fraser River at the picnic spot.
DH decided that meant she had invited him as he didn't realize that DD was just showing him the picture! He told P that he was so happy to be invited this year. Little Mr P nearly had a heart attack and advised that "no gulls were allowed". DH assured him that Mommy only showed him the invite and that he knew it was guys only...he would leave me at home...Little Mr P stared at him in shock and said no...you can't come...it is only for my friends and my family!!! DH shared that he was his family and Mr P replied quite emphatically "No you're not! Only people who live in my house are my family!!!   hahahaha
DH was trumped and conceded defeat. Mommy must have worked on Mr. P's sweet little nature cuz we did get invited and DH was able to help launch the boat as all the kiddies got a boat ride on the Fraser. What squeals of excitement we heard as they put on their life jackets. DH was beaming as he gave them the motor for that boat for a wedding gift and here it was, years later, still running like a charm  ferrying the partygoers about!

16 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Mo, I like the tea cup the pocket for the tea bag and the papers.
Kevin xx

Pia S said...

What a sweet story!
I like the card you've created - such a nice idea with the pocket for a tea bag on the front:)

Christine Harrop said...

I loved the story of your grandson's birthday. They take everything so seriously don't they? Glad your husband got his invitation in the end! Lol! Christine x
PS Sorry, I didn't even comment on your card, which is great by the way! C x

Rebecca said...

Hi Scrappy Mo I love your card and I love a cup of tea too, especially if my Brother Cameron makes it!
Love from Rebecca x

Carol said...

Love the card Maureen and what a great story. Carol x

Redanne said...

Love the card, made all the better for having a real tea bag in it - love that idea.

I loved your little story, so glad that your DH got to go in the end! Hugs, Anne x

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card Mo, I wish I could smell the lovely TAZO tea.
What a wonderful story, I'm so pleased that you and DH did manage to go to the party - it sounds like everyone had a wonderful day.
Pauline
x

Tracy said...

Awww what a sweet story of your grandson's party and grandpa trying to get an invite :)
Your card is lovely and such a fun idea. Your crafting partner did an excellent job with her card kit :)

Jules said...

Hi Mo

What a lovely card.

That teacup looks super special.

Belated birthday wishes for Mr P .. .. I hope he had a happy day.

Your story made me smile. You certainly seem to have lots of fun with your grandchildren. Special days to treasure!!!

Love Jules xx

Hettie said...

Lovely card and fabulous story! Out of the mouths of babes ey!
I am still stroking my stash you sent me!
Hugs
xx

Barbara said...

kids are funny and so honest.
I'm sure they all had a great time.

Mary Jo said...

LOL - sounds like my Evan. He is able to out trump me all of the time!
Glad you were able to go to the party though :)

And I love your card kit idea. I need to keep that in mind for my crafty friends here!
Love that teacup!

Brenda Brown said...

Love your story, sounds typical of a little un. Great way to add cards to your box too.
hugs {Brenda} x0x

Sue said...

Fab card and what a great story!!! lol so funny huggles hun Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MaryH said...

Oh I love this card, and what fun to have a neighbor to craft with. Wish I did! You did a lovely job with the kit, makes me long for a cup of tea. Totally enjoyed the birthday story, and please give Mr. P my belated best birthday wishes. I'm glad you all had such a good time, and able to enjoy your grands. TFS

MagsB said...

What a lovely story, it sounds as if Grandpa had a wonderful time! (Grandpas are really still little boys at heart!)

And your card is lovely, it's a great idea to have such a good time crafting with your friends!

love Mags B x