Monday 7 April 2014

Yellow and Butterflies at Mrs A's



The theme this week at Butterfly Challenge is of course Butterflies, and the twist is use the colour yellow. Mrs A requested a bit of yellow anywhere on your card...does not have to be on the butterfly. The sky is the limit!

I have been organizing in the craft room and had noticed some Color Bok Yellow Cadmium Chalk ink. Seems a funny place to start, but I went on a search to find things to go with.

The cloud paper is a snippet from  a scrapbook layout and I embossed it with a Falling Snow EF. I was trying to get the varied look of raindrops. This embossed clouds snippet slid under the aperture that was created by using the negative of a S/B circle, cut from a snippet of blue card.

The butterfly is from the dollar store. Think they are a packet of 6 for a dollar so expect to see a few more here eventually! lol

 I stamped the sentiments on a couple of snippets of white card on which I used the Yellow Cadmium quite liberally, as I wanted a good amount of yellow for the challenge.

Here is a close up of the embossing...

I am quite happy with the way this turned out. It was quick and easy to make and I managed to use a new stamp set for the outside sentiment as well as one from 1999 for the inside sentiment.


My neighbour made one of these cards too. It was my turn to design and create the card kit for our weekly paper crafting day. This was the card I kitted up for us. She is so creative...she embossed the outside snippet of dark blue cardstock in another pattern. It really looked great! I think I will make another of these and try that extra embossing on my next one!

Recipe
Card base and envelope - cream card from my stash
DP - Little Yellow Bicycle Escape Above The Clouds
Card Stock - snippet of blue and white card
EF - Falling Snow
Dies - Spellbinders sentiment banner and circle die
Stamps - Happy Birthday is  Penny Black Friends acrylic stamp; inside sentiment is 1999 PSX D1813 (VOS)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. The Butterfly Challenge - must use at least one butterfly and the colour yellow
2.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Birthday
3. Two Peas  April Moodboard Challenge - use colours from the April Moodboard
4. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

34 comments:

Mary said...

Your butterfly looks like a million dollars....and to think, you found her at the dollar store. Great find, and your card is very pretty. I don't know why, when I first looked at the card I thought it was the world...then I saw the clouds. I like your clouds! Happy Crafting and your card is perfect for Mrs. A's butterfly challenge!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fab design Maureen love the clouds behind the aperture and fabulous butterfly - what a bargain! Susan x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the rainy clouds and the beautiful butterfly. A great design Mo xx

debby4000 said...

Love the butterfly, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, your beautiful butterfly certainly was a bargain and I love your cloud paper behind the aperture - I thought it looked like the world as well when I first saw it!
Pauline
x

Mrs A. said...

Great minds obviously think alike as I thought the same as Mary that it was the World when I first looked!! This card is lovely. I like the EF which does indeed look like raindrops and the cloud paper is a brilliant find along with the butterfly.
We have a chain of shops here called 'Poundland' cos everything is £1. I managed to pick up 3 assorted bags stuffed full of sequins the other day. All assorted shapes and sizes. Iv'e used just a few in my #5 project.
Glad you managed to flutterby with your perfect card.
Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful card there Mo, funny isn't it where a card begins sometimes... love the result. Shaz in Oz.xx

Laura said...

Wow what a gorgeous card! Lovethose butterflies.
Laura xx

Sarn said...

Zingy and gorgeous. xxx

jimlynn said...

So creative!!! Love the embossing over the clouds/world and the butterfly is simply gorgeous!
Lynn

Glenda Atkins said...

Your butterfly is beautiful and love the cloud paper!
hugs
Glenda

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love this card! The piece with the clouds almost makes this look like a globe. Beautiful butterfly!

Dragon said...

A really lovely card, gorgeous butterfly.

Jean said...

A super bright and colourful card. I love the gorgeous bargain butterfly and the pretty cloud paper.
Jean x

Sally H said...

A gorgeous butterfly card, Mo! I love the colour combo

Sue said...

This is fab Maureen! love that butterfly its gorgeous. Paul is finally on the mend so at least we both got some sleep last night lol huggles Sue xx

Bonnie said...

A beautiful butterfly and it looks extra special against the dark blue!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Mo, I like the design the beautiful butterfly and the colours.
Kevin xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a beauty, Mo!

Greta said...

Such a great card! Love your design!

Carol L said...

An orb of fluffy clouds - what could possibly be more calming, except that a gorgeous butterfly flutters by and lands on it! That butterfly is GORGEOUS! Congrats on your win too :)

Di said...

Hi there Mo - wow, this is really stunning and great use of snippets! I also thought it was the World (and why not, from outer space there are clouds). Love it!

Hugs

Di
xx

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card there Mo. The sky really is the limit with you!!
Hugs
xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Mo you are doing such lovely work. This is beautiful. And don't you just love when you find a great dollar store item. Loving it...Hugs, joann

Tracy said...

Your card is so pretty.
Perfect for this challenge.
I may have to check out our dollar store for some of these pretty butterflies :)

Annie said...

another wow of a card.
Ann xxx

Pia S said...

This is a lovely design, Maureen! The clean layout in combination with the colorful cloudy DP and butterfly really works well!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the image of the butterfly perched on top of the world - great card!
Alison x

MaryH said...

You find the best bargains at your dollar store! This butterfly is a beauty. Love the way you used up the snippets, the embossing on your clouds and that is one pretty banner too. A really cool & lovely card, Miss Mo. Like it a lot! TFS & Hugs

Mary Jo said...

What a lovely butterfly and card!

Dawn said...

Oh my, another lovely card from yu! I think this is out of this world!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Pat said...

This is a lovely card Mo and deserved to make top 3 over at Mrs A's. I love the Falling Snow EF on that cloud paper, and it does look rather like a globe at first glance. A pretty butterfly too. x

Karen Petitt said...

I am so sorry I missed this beauty Mo. I just saw it over at the Playground - blooming stunning work huni - love every little bit of it! Will be back later on today Karen x

Elizabeth said...

You should be very happy with how this card turned out Maureen, it's super! I agree with Di that it does look like the World seen from a distance and the butterfly is stunning. Elizabeth xx