Monday 30 June 2014

June Rudolph Day - Cards 35 and 36

It is once again Rudolph Days over at Sarn's blog Stamping for Pleasure. Submit your posts featuring two Christmas cards on the same post, and join in the fun. Best of all, by years end,  you will have 22 cards finished in time for Xmas mailing
Todays Card One, is glittery, shimmery and has a certain sparkle...a sparkle that an uptown girl will recognize right away.
Eldest daughter is definitely an uptown girl like this Special Miss. She will probably scoop up this card to give to one of her friends. I can think of several who would enjoy it!

Don't know if you can see it, but the silver shimmer card stock was embossed with a snowflake folder. Most EF in Canada are for 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards. That left me with an area of the card stock that was not embossed. I chose to  off center my image mat and tied a piece of fine silver cord on the side that was not embossed.


Recipe
Card base - white 5 1/2 inch square textured stash card
Card Stock - snippets of reddish burgundy from stash
Glitter paper - Silver and aqua glitter paper from stash
Twine - silver fine cording from stash
Image - I think it might be a  Kaban foiled topper

Card Two

I used a Wild Rose Studio topper and some pretty papers I got in a magazine when I was in England last summer.  I kept it fairly simple as I wanted the topper to dominate the card. I matted with a bit of kraft card and just die cut a couple of Impression Obsession snowflakes and add some kraft colours pearls.

Recipe
Card base -  from my stash
DP - Wild Rose Studio Annabelle's Christmas
Card Stock - snippets of kraft card
Image - Wild Rose Studio topper
Dies - Quickuts corner die; Impression Obsession snowflakes
Bling - red teensy diamonds from my stash

Here is a close up of the WRSy topper...

****************These are cards 35 and  card 36 of 50. I have been on a consumables spending freeze until I made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock exempt).***************

I am entering these cards in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets Note to Di...I am only submitting the Wild Rose Studio topper card as that is the one that used my snippets...the first card was made at my neighbours and used her stash!!!  
2. Stamping for Pleasure, Rudolph Day - must be two Xmas cards on the same post
3. Mark's Finest Paper Speedy TV Christmas Card Challenge - must be Christmas

25 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Oh, two more gorgeous cards Maureen. Your Christmas card stash must be growing rapidly. I have posted my extra angel cards today (the ones made when I lost my original angel ... lol!) Hope you are still enjoying your time at the lake. Hugs Christine xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Mo.. wow love both cards do indeedy but seeing the second LOTV one reminds me have some toppers that need using up too :D Shaz in oz.x

aussie aNNie said...

These are just adorable, love these cards....keep them coming...xx


The Journey is the Start

Sarn said...

Hi Mo

Two fabulous festive cards here. Love all the glitz on the first one and the cute image on the second one.

Thanks for playing along with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

MagsB said...

Two fabulous Christmas cards! And what a great idea for adjusting your layout to accommodate the narrower embossed area in the first one!

I am also on a stash diet. I think it's even harder than a food diet!!

love Mags B x

Doreen said...

Gorgeous cards,fab images.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Two gorgeous Christmas cards Mo I like these images
Kevin xx

Sue said...

Two stunning cards Mo! you are well on track for Christmas :) lots of huggles from us all here Sue xxx

Debs Willis said...

Beautiful cards Maureen, that Wild Rose topper is so sweet!
Debs x

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love both of these super duper Christmas Cards Mo...Wonderful job...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Pia S said...

Your first card is beautifully sparkly! Love all the glitter and shimmer, it makes this card so festive and what a great image too! It's a great design for a woman. Your second card has that great old fashioned traditional style, so cozy and sweet!

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards, great images lovely colours and layouts.
You are doing well with your stack.

Kath x

jimlynn said...

Both are fantastic!!! Love that first card and all the shimmer and shine. Beautiful embossing on it too.
Lynn

Hettie said...

Oh Mo! These are both gorgeous. The second one is super cute.
Hugs
xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful Christmas cards, both are fabulous with super designs!
hugs
Glenda

Tracy said...

You are so committed to your challenge to yourself..good for you.
Your cards are adorable. The sparkly one is very pretty, and the second one is so so cute.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Two more fabulous cards Maureen! Love the sparkle. Yes I don''t know why they make EF such silly sizes! Susan x

Di said...

LOVELY cards Mo - both the one with the Kanban topper (you were right about the brand!) and of course your lovely snippets card.

Catching up on commenting here!

Hugs, Di xx

cotnob said...

Two fabulous Christmas cards Maureen, I love your design and all of the shimmer and shine on the first one and such a gorgeous image on the second.
Sorry I haven't visited for a while but I've been rather poorly.
Pauline
x

Planetsusie said...

Your cards are really mounting up to a good number now Maureen. Love these two as well. Those little snowflakes on number two are beautiful with that image.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Hope you are both well.

MaryH said...

Two more beauties. I'm at a loss to pick my favorite between these. Love that mat effect on #1, and the way you've positioned the focal image. Very nice design. Beautiful image & shimmer too. Who could resist the sweet cuteness of #2, and these Wild Rose images made me think of LOTV. Simply adorable, Mo. Good for you on keeping that goal in the forefront. You're doing great and making such pretty cards too! TFS & Hugs

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Maureen, gradually getting around the Christmas Card Club members to say Hi.

Thanks for your warm welcome, and I am enjoying the trip around your blog, your two cards on this post are beautiful, lovely images and colours, best wishes, Kate x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wonderful card! That first one is so shimmery and happy. The second one has a very nice country feel to it. Love the kraft snowflakes!

sally said...

Thought I'd take a lookkee see! Some lovely creations over here & I love that you use a "lumalid" for your card support :-) I have several .

Sally

Greta said...

2 fun cards--love them both!