Wednesday 7 February 2018

Candy Cane Kisses

I have continued on using up more of my 12x12 Doodlebug Designs snippets. It has been quite fun to try  designing cards around what is left on my desk, rather than file it away in my snippets baskets. As the papers are so big to begin with, the snippets are sometimes HUGE!

The images here are once again from the Marks Finest Papers sugar cookie stamp set. My youngest daughter often makes these fancy type sugar cookies. She pipes the icing around the edges of the design and then thins it down and floods the icing across each coloured section.  These cookie stamps remind me of her work!

This  2 layered cookie has the bow cut again and pop dotted forward. It sits on another of the Marks tags that I stamped and fussy cut, some weeks ago. The aqua circular mat is cut from glitter paper I stockpiled from a Joannes sale quite some time ago. The larger mat is a Spellbinder Beaded Circles and is cut from red cardstock. You can see a bit of the glitter here...



This background is again from the 12x12 Doodlebug Designs, Sugar Plums line and the corner accents are layered sizes of the Impression Obsession snowflakes die A red diamond in the center, finished these off.

I tend to cut snowflakes and other small embellishments ahead when I am bored.  It is a great way to use up teensy snippets and I file them away (by themes) in one page photo albums from the Dollar Store. The double layered snowflake on the tag is again from those precut choices.

The sentiment is another hot pink American Crafts rub on. My Stampin' Up oval and scalloped oval punches seemed the right size for this sentiment, so were pressed into work.

The inside has one red snowflake added to the bottom left corner. Quite plain and simple.

 I added one fussy cut stamped and fussy cut candy cane to the bottom left corner of the envelope. I think it looks quite festive. It is adhered strongly, as I used Sook Wang double sided glue paper under the stamped images before I fussy cut them.

I am entering this card in the following challenges: 

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets.

27 comments:

brenda said...

Great use of your snippets Mo, good on you for using them up as it's all to easy to bin them - spoken by one that's very guilty of doing that.

B x

Valerija said...

Fab card and love the image. Great colours too.
Valerija xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous Christmas card to pop into the box for December, I love how you've also stamped the image onto the envelope too.

Sue xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Maureen, lovely bright and cheerful papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful use of the snippets. Sure made a great card.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So cute and happy card!

jimlynn said...

So much fun as it really does look like a cookie! Pretty too!!! Love the fun background paper you used. Cute and pretty card!
Lynn

Liz said...

Super card, Maureen, great use of your snippets. xx

Pia S said...

It's ultra festive with the red from the candy cane and pink from the paper. Sugary sweet design:)

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a very brilliant Christmas card and such a very super design too.
Love the fussy cut candy cane and the super beaded circle.
The colours are very pretty and such super use of snippets too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, lovely bright card, love the candy cane image and your lovely design, Kate x x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a wonderful Christmas card! So joyous and full of color!

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Maureen it's a really pretty Christmas card huggles Sue xx

Linby said...

great going with the snippets - love that cane, such a bright cheerful card.

Carol L said...

What a sweet and fun card with all those dies you used! Congrats on using your snippets instead of filing them away too - that's quite an accomplishment for a stamper :)

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous as always x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Mo xoxo

MaryH said...

This is so colorful, and the red looks fabulous with the aqua glitter behind it. I admire your goal of using the stuff on your desk, rather than filing it away and forgetting it! I think you turned your bits & pieces into a delightful card, and I loved the candy cane/cookie analogy too. Fun mats, and I love the background DP. Yay for you on the snippets use and another Card for the Christmas Stash! Hope ya'll are feeling better. TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Di said...

Great card Mo and such a clever idea to prepare snowflakes and such in advance. I should try that - so long as I don't tidy them away and forget just where they are! I bet in the long run it's a great timesaver!

Hugs

Di xx

Cara said...

A wonderful way to use up some snippets on the great make x

Greta said...

Such pretty papers making festive cards! Good idea to use more of the paper so you don't have so much to file away! The pink glitter rub ons are beautiful! Haven't used my rub ons in ages, but need to or get rid of them! Sure wish I had a stamper garage sale to put stuff in!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Mo! I love the colors in this one and of course the papers. Good for you for using up those snippets too. Love how you "displayed" your "cookie" on this card. Cookies like those take a lot of time to decorate but are so fun to do. I don't do them often but used to do them for Valentine's for my guys. Yep, that candy cane reminds me of those types of decorated sugar cookies! Hugs, Brenda

Mrs A. said...

Great idea for cutting out the tiny embellishments and storing away for when needed. Must admit I do it with butterflies. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

This is a wonderful use of your snippets - brilliant card! Hugs rachel xx

Barb said...

It's a lovely Christmas easel card Maureen and great use of your snippets. Barbxx

Tracy said...

Such a fun Christmas card :)
I love your idea of punching out embellishments and storing them in those photo books, great idea!!